Originally published at: http://library.hrmtc.com/2018/05/02/summary-for-the-two-weeks-ending-apr-29-2018/
Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending April 29th, 2018.
Accidentally skipped posting a summary for last week. Also, getting Bob Black’s material onto the site is taking way longer than I thought. It’s pretty amazing how well footnoted the first piece I started working on is, but, wow, it takes time to format those and link books and resources mentioned in them!
Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- Greater Feast of Albert Hoffman — Calendar
- The Conan Chronicles — Review
- Greater Feast of Wilfred T Smith — Calendar
- Greater Feast of Richard Payne Knight — Calendar
- Earth Day 2018 — Calendar
- Greater Feast of Prince — Calendar
- “What do they have to offer the world for the advancement of the species?” — Quote
- Greater Feast of Bram Stoker — Calendar
- “We confuse ourselves, believing that evidence is the master of truth when really evidence is only the servant of truth.” — Quote
- “gnarled pieces of soulless wood adrift in the drink, hooded, hook-nosed, pale skin coddled in a dark cradle” — Quote
- “… For Mercy has a human heart, Pity a human face, And Love, the human form divine, And Peace, the human dress.” — Quote
- “The philosophy of the ruling minority in Nineteen Eighty-Four is a sadism which has been carried to its logical conclusion by going beyond sex and denying it.” — Quote
- “by God’s mercy I hope to accomplish a service to mankind before I die, and to subserve the vengeance of Heaven upon the fiends” — Quote
Some top pages at the library
- Afterthoughts on the Abolition of Work — Bob Black
- The Seven Hermetic Principles in The Kybalion — William Walker Atkinson
- The Circumference and the Hieroglyphic Monad, In Operibus Sigillo Dei Aemeth, Part III — David Richard Jones
- The Voice of the Silence in Liber LXXI — Aleister Crowley
- Part One: Basic Techniques of Medieval Methods Of Geomancy — Caduceus
Help get some conversations started over on the BBS!
Some top posts on social media
- The Obsidian Mirror of John Dee and Edward Kelly - Hermetic Library — Facebook
- The Obsidian Mirror of John Dee and Edward Kelly - Hermetic Library — Twitter
- The Obsidian Mirror of John Dee and Edward Kelly - Hermetic Library — Instagram
- Austin Osman Spare and the Zos Kia Cultus - Austin Osman Spare - Hermetic Library