Summary for the week ending Aug 6, 2017

Originally published at: http://library.hrmtc.com/2017/08/07/summary-for-the-week-ending-aug-6-2017/

Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending August 6th, 2017.

I’ve updated the post where I describe the submissions process for writing an article, story, or review for the library blog. I updated the post to reflect more clearly what actual happens, as opposed to what I thought would happen at the time I wrote it originally. Also, I’ve added a new blurb about compensation, which was on the pitch form itself, but wasn’t clearly described in the post. Do consider reading through that and then heading over to pitch your idea for the library blog!

This week, I also announced a very similar open and rolling call for pitch ideas for submissions to Rigaroga’s Odd Order blog, created an online form for pitching ideas, and posted a nearly identical submissions process description to the Odd Order blog. If you’re into nerdish geekery, check that out and consider pitching an idea!

Over the last week, I’ve been informally hanging out on the Hrmtc Underground voice chat server in the mornings while I work on the site, for what I’ve been calling “office hours”. I’ve had a couple of conversations so far in text, but no one’s jumped into voice. Come on over and say howdy! Also, be sure to mark your calendar for Reader’s Theatre on Aug 17th in voice chat at 7pm Pacific.

Also, are you interested in hosting an event, interview, class, or soever in voice chat? Get in touch and let’s talk about getting that going!

Lots of new pages and work on old pages this week, which is pretty much every week for me, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.

Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week

Some top pages at the library

Some top posts on social media

Some top posts on the BBS

Want to write for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea! Be sure to check out the actual Hermetic Library, and become a Patron!.