Summary for the week ending Nov 4th, 2018

Originally published at: http://library.hrmtc.com/2018/11/08/heres-a-summary-of-activity-for-the-week-ending-nov-4th-2018/

Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending November 4th, 2018.

Last week, and the next two are likely to be a bit quiet, but there’s actually a bunch going on. I was going to just post a note that I’d skip a summary this week, but then I thought of a bunch of things that I’ve been doing to talk about. So, not so much activity on the blog, and so on, but there’s actually a bunch to talk about even still.

First, in the ongoing saga of my computer, I finally heard news after a week in the shop. They had not done any repairs. Apparently one of the parts is on backorder until some time, at least, in December. So, I could wait for that, which would add at least another couple months to the time I’ve been without a working desktop. Or, they finally decided to offer, a kind of replacement. Instead of a full replacement, they are willing to apply the entire repair bill as a kind of trade-in credit for a new machine. Looks like I’ll be heading in to the shop again next week to see about that option, and maybe, just maybe, I’ll be heading home with a new machine, under new warranty, for about half off; which, let’s be clear, is still not cheap, and certainly not a warranty-covered repair solution at no additional cost. Anyhow, the saga continues.

I’m mostly over the flu I picked up last trip, just in time for another trip. Huzzah!

I’m working on the upcoming anthology, which is due to release in less than a month. Oh, wow. Time flies! I’ve got some cover ideas submitted by a new artist, and I’ve got the playlist to sort through. But, everything should be ready in time! The anthologies are a highlight of my year, and it’s a lot of fun to put them together and then share them with everyone. I’m looking forward to releasing this next anthology into the wild for you all.

I’m also working on a new interview with a musician who’s been influenced by esotericism, and I’m not sure when that will be ready; but, I’ll post that as soon as it is done. The way I do the interviews, is that I send some initial questions, and when I get answers, I add additional questions; repeating that process until there’s what feels like a complete interview. I’ve been doing new interviews pretty much monthly over on Rigaroga’s Odd Order with some people in the streaming community, but haven’t done an interview for the library in a while. So, I’m excited to share this one when it is done.

Still looking for help and others to join me in a working community around the library, of course.

Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.

Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea.

Help get some conversations started over on the BBS and Chat.

Be sure to check out the actual Hermetic Library, and drop a buck in the tip jar or become a Patron.

Consider also checking out what I’m up to on my personal blog and at Odd Order.

Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from this last week

Some top posts on social media