Summary for the week ending Oct 28, 2018

Originally published at: http://library.hrmtc.com/2018/10/29/summary-for-the-week-ending-oct-28-2018/

Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending October 28th, 2018.

I spent the week, and have continued, fighting with a flu I picked up whilst on my travels to try and fix my computer the previous week, which is still in the shop getting major surgery. I knew I was screwed when I overheard my transit driver for one leg of the trip talking with another passenger about recovering from two weeks of flu. I pretty much knew at that point I’d be bringing home an illness as a souvenir. And, I did. I started getting an itchy throat in the first days after, and I’ve been increasingly under the weather since. I may be finally starting to recover more than not? I hope. Anyhow, I spent most of the last week feeling awful, and nursing myself. I might even be well by the time I have to do the whole trip again to pick up whatever Frankenstein’s Monster my machine is becoming, once the butchers have finished their ministrations.

On the bright side, I had the new release of “Part 1” of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina to watch. If you’ve followed along for long enough, you’ll remember that I’ve read the Afterlife with Archie and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comics, as I’ve mentioned them, variously, and on the blog starting around 2014. So, I was prepared and have been looking forward to that. I mentioned in one place that I haven’t been as excited for what’s to come, after watching some teasers and trailers, since the taurobolium scene in Rome s01e01. But, it was both more and different that I expected. Quite enjoyable. Not absolutely perfect, but darned good and better than I’d hoped in so many ways. Better than the shit representation and twisted inspired-by-history in some recent disappointing and, for me, unwatchable, shows. cough Strange Angel cough This Chilling Adventures of Sabrina show, rather, seemed to me just right as a mix of great production and acting through creepy and campy narrative with significant representation.

This week I published a guest post, a successful submission supported by all the ongoing Patrons of Hermetic Library, that you should check out. The Unknown Soror by Heather Schubert, an essay identifying Soror Fiat Yod, correspondent with Aleister Crowley in Magick Without Tears, as Anne Maria Macky née Hawkins. I understand that this essay will also appear in an upcoming issue of The Daughters of Babalon, an anthology of works by a broad range of modern writers and artists that captures the rich and multifaceted aspects of the feminine current of Thelema. Consider checking out that anthology, but you can see this essay here at Hermetic Library first!

Still looking for help and others to join me in a working community around the library, of course.

Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.

Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea.

Help get some conversations started over on the BBS and Chat.

Be sure to check out the actual Hermetic Library, and drop a buck in the tip jar or become a Patron.

Consider also checking out what I’m up to on my personal blog and at Odd Order.

Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from this last week

Some top posts on social media