Summary for two weeks ending Dec 9th, 2018

Originally published at: http://library.hrmtc.com/2018/12/12/summary-for-two-weeks-ending-dec-9th-2018/

Here’s a summary of activity for two weeks ending December 9th, 2018.

I’ve released Magick, Music and Ritual 14, the Hermetic Library Anthology Album for 2018! This album is now available for immediate digital download, and also as gratis downloads for Patrons on Patreon and Subscribers on Bandcamp.

Magick Music and Ritual 14 The Hermetic Library Anthology Album 2018

I’m amused at how much of a surprise it was for me that I’ve been super busy getting everything ready before and after the release of another anthology. This time I almost missed releasing it on Dec 3rd because I kept thinking I had a couple more days. Luckily, I had just finished getting everything ready on Bandcamp in time, so I could just flip the switch when I realized it was the planned day of release. But, then I still had to do a bunch of stuff with artist profiles on the library site and scheduled posts for everything on the blog. I mean: I’m surprised by it every year! But, it’s awesome to release another anthology and is always a highlight of the year for me to do and share with everyone.

In other news, there’s been some social media shake-ups. Apparently Google+ had another data leak, and with be shut down 4 months earlier than had been announced after the previous leak was belatedly revealed. Also, over on Tumblr there’s been a big kerfuffle when they implemented sudden and draconian and poorly-targeted censorship, likely triggered after Apple removed them from the walled-garden app store. Either way, I’m minded to remind everyone: you are welcome to join the Discord for text and voice chat or Discourse for BBS. But, certainly, the Hermetic Library site itself is always online and I consider that, and perhaps also the library blog, the primary presence of the library online. However, there will be authoritative links to any social media accounts or other projects I run for the library on the main site.

Still looking for help and others to join me in a working community around the library, of course.

Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.

Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea.

Help get some conversations started over on the BBS and Chat.

Be sure to check out the actual Hermetic Library, and drop a buck in the tip jar or become a Patron.

Consider also checking out what I’m up to on my personal blog and at Odd Order.

Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from this last week