Summary for two weeks ending Feb 24th, 2019

Originally published at: http://library.hrmtc.com/2019/02/26/summary-for-two-weeks-ending-feb-24th-2019/

Here’s a summary of activity for two weeks ending February 24th, 2019.

There’s been a slight uptick in the number of ideas for new work pitched recently, which is great news! I hope this continues, and we also see several new works this year make it entirely through the submissions process. I’m still looking for visual work, old or new, for inside and cover pages of a new zine issue that could release soon, if there’s enough to fill it with content!

In the last few weeks, I’ve been working with a volunteer, moreover a Patron of the library, who has been generous with their time, to help improve the current Magical and Philosophical Commentaries. This is a huge project, but we’re focusing on repairing some truncation that happened at some point in the past, so that these comments are complete; then, if we can get that done, we can then try to loop around and check all the content against the source materials.

This is something that I’ve long intended for these pages. And, it is part of the overall work of the library to do a close reading and correction of all pages compared to source documents across the site, and that has been an ongoing project from the beginning. But, it’s a lot of work that will takes me a significantly long time to do, so the help in focusing on these particular documents is so very much appreciated!

If you have a particular interest in and excitement about helping with any of the existing documents on the site, or want to tackle preparing and checking new documents which should be on the site, I’d welcome your help too!

I’m still trying to work out the next Postal Exchange and Publication Subscription mailings for Patrons, but haven’t got that sorted. I’ve got a couple ideas that haven’t come together yet. I’m hoping to get one of those ideas solidified soon. But, of course, I’d love to hear from anyone with an interest in sharing their eclectic, esoteric tchotchkes through the postal system, or anyone creating esoteric books, zines, music or soever, with Patrons of the library! (By the by, I was having a bit of nostalgia just now whilst gandering at the old Eclectic, Esoteric Postal Potlatch page at the library. Consider checking that out for a reminder of the idea when I introduced it! And the Hermetic Library stamp!)

Hermetic Library Eclectic Esoteric Postal Potlatch

Still looking for help and others to join me in a working community around the library, of course.

Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.

Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea.

Help get some conversations started over on the BBS and Chat.

Be sure to check out the actual Hermetic Library, and subscribe on Bandcamp or become a Patron.

Consider also checking out what I’m up to on my personal blog and at Odd Order.

Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from this last week

Popular posts on social media