Summary for two weeks ending Nov 18th, 2018

Originally published at: http://library.hrmtc.com/2018/11/20/summary-for-two-weeks-ending-nov-18th-2018/

Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending November 18th, 2018.

It’s been two weeks. Most of what I’ve been doing has been behind the scenes this time around.

First off, if you’ve been following along with the saga of trying to get my computer repaired … well, I still don’t have a desktop. Nope. It’s just a whole, long, and ridiculous saga that I really should write up and post, probably over on my more geeky Odd Order blog. It’s just nuts that this warrantee repair has been such an ordeal, and taken months and months. But, here’s the thing, and the reason I went on another overnight, long-distance trip last week, even though it wasn’t to pick up a repaired machine: I should be getting an entirely new machine, under new warranty, at some point soon. When? I don’t know. Is it on the way? I don’t know. But, someday, I guess, they’ll decide to ship it to me. Yeah. I’m so looking forward to getting a desktop machine again!

One of the things that I’ve been working on is the upcoming anthology release for 2018! Over the last two weeks, I’ve gotten a first draft of a cogent playlist sorted out, and I’m listening to it over and over again to make sure it makes sense to me; and I’ve got some work on the cover, with a guest artist. I think the whole thing is coming together, and, I suppose, that’s darned good because it releases in just a couple weeks! Oh! Excited? I am!

If you support active creators on Patreon this week, you’ve probably gotten a bunch of “Thank you” notes! It’s a thing that Patreon is doing. They’re encouraging creators to thank their Patrons. Well, if you follow me on any of the Hermetic Library social media accounts, you’ll know that I post every month a big thank you to all of the ongoing supporters of the library, and try to let people know they should also be thankful, for the help keeping the library going and growing. But, this is something that can hardly be said enough. So, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

But, moreover, I want to thank all supporters and Patrons of anyone, anywhere, who support people doing their labors of love or answering the call to their vocation! Will you join me in this act of gratitude?

If you don’t currently support anyone, I encourage you to consider doing so. Find some creatives, whether that’s on Patreon or elsewhere, doing work you appreciate and give your ongoing support to them. Even $1 a month is awesome. In fact, consider making a pledge to reserve $10 a month to support 10 creators for $1 each!

You might not realize this, but, for creators, having many supporters making small pledges is actually more secure and stable than having just a few with a couple large pledges. That way as things come up, and situations change, there’s a much more stable base of income to support the creative work.

So, I encourage you to consider, if you are able, this affirmative action in the world, a kind of ongoing creative revolution: find 10 new people to give your ongoing support with $1/mo each, especially during this season when new and extra support is usually so much needed and appreciated.

But, either way, let’s all join together in this overall act of gratitude and mutual support for ongoing supporters everywhere!

Still looking for help and others to join me in a working community around the library, of course.

Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.

Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea.

Help get some conversations started over on the BBS and Chat.

Be sure to check out the actual Hermetic Library, and drop a buck in the tip jar or become a Patron.

Consider also checking out what I’m up to on my personal blog and at Odd Order.

Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from this last week